What Information Do We Collect?
It is in our legitimate business interests to collect, store and use personal information to market our services to relevant businesses, identify potential partners and suppliers and respond to requests via our website and social media.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information depending on your preferences:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, and email newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us via the site
- business contact information for potential customers, suppliers and partners
Where do we get our data from?
We gather data from a number of sources to enable us to identify potential customers, suppliers and partners.
These sources include third party data brokers, our existing customers, partners and suppliers and via our own research team who use public domain sources such as company websites, Companies House or other legitimate business websites online.
All the data we gather is held in our secure CRM system, which is governed by our own strict ISO 27001 accredited data control and management policies.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- send you email notifications you have consented to receive
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications you have consented to receive relating to our business by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- contact you by telephone with details of our services
- contact you by email with details of our services
- send postal marketing communications we think will be of interest to you
- for internal administration, training, quality assurance and legal reporting
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
Using your personal information – Lawful Basis
Personal Information Used
Answer your queries or complaints
All the personal information we collect
We have a legal obligation to provide complaint handling services.
All the personal information we collect
We have a legitimate interest to improve the services we provide.
Inform you about products and services that may be of interest to you
All personal information we collect or are sent
We have a legitimate interest to identify new customers and inform them of services that may be of interest.
Our team may contact you by telephone to discuss our solutions and services that may be relevant with you. We hold the data necessary for this contact within our secure CRM. If you would rather not hear from us, please let our team member know on the call. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
Our team my contact you directly by email to provide details of our solutions and services that may be relevant to you. We hold the data necessary for this contact within our secure CRM. If you would rather not hear from us, please follow the unsubscribe link within the email or reply directly to the email asking to be removed. You can opt out of these communications at any time.
We may also contact you via letter through the post. You can opt-out of postal communications at any time.
We record our telephone calls for internal administration, training, quality assurance and to meet our legal reporting obligations.
All callers are notified when recording is taking place and recordings are stored within secure cloud infrastructure for no longer than 6 months, unless our engagement extends beyond this time or we are required to do so by law.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
We also use Google Analytics which sets cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website. See our cookie notice for more information.
We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Security of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall-protected servers. Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Transferring Your Personal Information Internationally
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Union.
Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in.
We may update this privacy notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- the right to request we provide you with any personal information we hold about you
- the right to opt-out of receiving direct marketing messages
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal information where the processing does not comply with applicable data protection laws
- the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
Supply of such personal information that we hold about you will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us (see GDPR Enquiries and Questions section).
Regardless of the marketing communication medium, we will always provide you with an opportunity and mechanism to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you wish to receive communications from us. After you opt out of receiving our communications, we will keep your personal information for a reasonable period to maintain our records and satisfy our legal obligations.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
GDPR Enquiries and Questions
Secura are fully committed to adhering to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and if you have any questions or queries regarding our approach to this legislation, or you would like to request a copy of the data we hold about you or your business, then please contact using the form below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
Data Privacy FAQs
In this section, we run through some of the most frequently asked questions about Secura’s data. How we gather it, why we use it and how you can control the information we hold for you and your business.
1. I’ve received a telephone call, email or direct mail about your services – where did you get my data and who gave you permission to store and use it?
If you’ve received a call or email from one of our business development team or a piece of direct mail from our marketing team, we have researched your business contact data online, from public domain business sources such as your company website or Companies House.
We store this information in our secure CRM as we have legitimate business interest to identify potential new customers, who may find our solutions and services relevant to their businesses.
If you would prefer not to receive telephone calls from Secura, you can opt-out by informing the team member on your call or to stop receiving any unsolicited commercial calls, by subscribing to the Telephone Preference Service (TPS).
If you would prefer not to receive emails from our team at Secura, you can opt-out of future messages by following the opt-out link in the email or by replying directly to the email asking to be removed.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications via post, please follow the details contained in the mail, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our mailing list.